Re: prophet data info

ron eckert on 25/03/09 02:31, wrote:
Just thought I'd let anyone who uses Prophetfinance for data download in
on the latest 'unofficial' info.
Apparently they plan to discontinue the data download service altogether
and concentrate on a web based trading platform exclusively.
I am therefore cancelling my account w/ them and shopping for a
replacement. I disapprove of the way they are handling the whole download
situation and their disregard for long time subscribers needs.
The first that I'm evaluating is Quotelf site since it's free and others
are using it. At the same time, I'm looking at pay sites as an alternative
so if anyone can share experiences with other sites for TS2Ki and
Downloader eod data requirements, I would be most appreciative.
I do appreciate this list and have subscribed to it for years even though
I'm not an active contributor, but feel that is about to change.

Hi Ron,

I'm in the market for an EOD data provider too. I don't use the Downloader though - I never did. I was originally with Technical Tools until they closed in the late '90s and then with Knight Ridder who became CRB Trader.

I don't know what to think of CRB Trader and I'm looking for a replacement because they seriously annoyed me, although it wasn't anything major. Like a lot of businesses, they have an inability to admit they are in the wrong and won't apologise or try to improve the situation.

CRB Trader changed their subscription package structure last year and moved me forcibly onto a more expensive package (dropping the one I was on). Then the new package actually didn't contain some of the European futures contracts I had on the old package. They also refused to provide any info on the times that they took their data - some exchanges have a 'settle' and a 'close', leaving me to work it out for myself for all the contracts I'm interested in.

Lately they are just refusing to respond to repeated emails about the time their data download becomes available. At the moment I am tempted to stay with the devil I know, because I've heard that they're all as bad as each other. Don't take that as a recommendation!

Some of the others that I've checked out:

http://csidata.com/

http://www.premiumdata.net/products/datatools/updatetimes.php

Doesn't Tradestation provide a list of data suppliers compatible with the Downloader?

Regards
Adam