Re: My Tradestation and MS Vista experiences so far...

  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 08:38:26 -0600
  • From: Jimmy Snowden <jhsnowden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: My Tradestation and MS Vista experiences so far...

Click <CTRL><ALT><DEL> and load up the Task manager.  Use the
performance tab.  Memory is important.  Don't use more than 2 gig if
you have 3 or 4 gig installed.  More important and very suspect on
your machines is CPU usage.  If you ever see it spike up to 100
percent and stay there then you are over taxing the machine and the GS
is running but behind.  When you turn it off then on all you do is
dump the backlog of data waiting to be written.  The GS writes before
it presents data to charts.  Now click on the processes tab.  Is the
Server.exe running.  Actual data being written.  Be sure you have
those types of columns activated or just check it in the Applications
tab.  Is it running?  It will show running and activity but the charts
may not be updating.  My best guess is you have toooooo much running.

Jimmy

I was fairly happy with my ts2ki running on MS Vista OS until recently. When
I was running 5-10 charts and no indicators, things went fine. No noticeable
problems.
BUT, now I've got a couple hundred symbols and a few days ago when I ran a
lot of indicators on some charts, something strange began happening!

The charts just don't update! Well, the data is there, but you actually need
to 'click' on a chart in order for the current bar to *change*. It's the
current bar that just sits there as if time stopped but meanwhile, I can see
the #'s changing on the same chart, just not the bar!

I've tried setting ts2ki to run in XP mode but that didn't fix it.
Tried a different video card, no change.

I think I'm giving up on the Vista OS for ts2ki and going back to XP Pro.

Well, that's my experience so far.

Indextrader