Re: Russell 2000 e-mini holdiay chart issue

Hi Jimmy,
I've looked all over and I can't find any tabs to eliminate the Holiday bars. So I suspect the issue is on the data end from TS / Omega. Moving the Russell indexes from the CME to ICE has been most disappointing. Take a look at the 1pm data, the 1 minute 16 point spike was frightening ..from both sides of the trade. Talk about a bad fill and slippage!!
Best Regards,
Tom

Jimmy Snowden wrote:
Hey Tom,

Tradestation/Omega doesn't change it's spots much so I think you are
right there must be a switch or holiday list somewhere to fix any
situation.  I used TS8 for a while but quit them for Multicharts.
Everyone has their needs and mine suffered for a long time until
Multicharts fixed me up.  It isn't perfect but life is so much easier
now. No monitored lists just a real forum and real chat tech support
or email with my new Russian buddies.  Or they can come right into my
machine and zip zip clip it is fixed.  Only got to see that once so
far.  If anyone can mess up a program I can so I may see it again.
And I look forward to it.  Not sure it has all the features of TS8.3
but most of that stuff is useless to me.  I'm a simple discretionary
trader.

Good luck, good trading,

Jimmy

Hi Jimmy,
I should have identified my TS version as TS 8.3. I haven't been at TS2ki in some time. My ESZ08 chart eliminates the Holiday bars and the system code is the same for both symbols. That is why I believe their has to be a tab or box to check or I guess the issue of Holiday bars could be specific to ICE vs. CME, but I'm guessing not.

I'm still searching but thanks for the reply!

Tom

Jimmy Snowden wrote:
If you use TS2ki you go to the GS and set the day as a holiday.  A more
complex way is you can build your charts with an indicator that skips any day
or time you want.  Actually the code tells it to plot except if the
date/time is such and such. Then you build your system, if you have one around
that same code or if it is an indicator build your indicator on the
same code. Probably do the same in TS8 but I would think the holiday
is better.  I forget if it has holidays in TS8.

Jimmy

Just to clarify, it is the 4 bars from Thanksgiving day that I'd like to eliminate.
Thanks again,
Tom

Tom wrote:
Good morning,
Does anyone know an easy way to eliminate the holiday trading bars for the TFZ? I don't think this is specific to TFZ and I think there is a tab or box to check, but I can't recall where it is or how to correct this.

I use a customized trading session (930am - 4pm) to eliminate any "Day Session" Bars after 4pm. I've tried TFZ08 as well as TFZ08.D ,but this doesn't correct the problem. It is correct on one of my older ES charts but darn if I can find the box to check.

Any thoughts would be sincerely appreciated!

Happy Thanksgiving,

Tom