Re: Ave Daiy Range

Greg Hunt asked:
>Could some one please send me ela code for Average daily range (not
>true range) using intraday data?

If it were me, and I just wanted an average without caring what the
range is for any specific bar, I'd use a sliding window method:

{bars_per_day is the number of intraday bars in a day}
dailyrange = Highest(H, bars_per_day) - Lowest(L, bars_per_day);
avg_range = XAverage(dailyrange, days*bars_per_day);

I'm willing to be that the result you get from that will be so close
to the result you get if you used actual daily range, the difference
won't matter.  And it will probably be smoother too.

-Alex