Re: lack of reliability in chartscanner

Fans? You think it might be overheating? Well, I guess I can put a temp gauge on it but it seems OK. And you reckon I should clean out the dust with a vacuum cleaner too, I guess. I did that 2 years ago, so it won't hurt. As for the temp that it runs at, it's an old CPU without a built-in gauge on the CPU.

The performance in Task Manager has always been nailed at 100% as soon as I open the Omega Server - I never thought it would cause problems.

I allocated 4 gigs to the virtual memory.

I recently cleared the hard drive down to free up 10 Gigs, I ran Defrag, I ran Norton Disk Doctor and scandisk. So it's pretty clean.

And for an old TS4 machine, it's got a pretty good spec.

My tinkering with the system shows that it's not the FileAppend() function that's failing, it looks like it's this if statement that fails:

if DateToJulian(Date) = LastCalcJDate then

... as if TS4 isn't running the system over the last bar of the data. Or perhaps even any of the data for that market - even though the chartscanner looks like it does because it shows that market symbol in the dialog box when scanning.