lack of reliability in chartscanner

Chartscanner in TS4 is causing me problems.

I use FileAppend() in my system to output the results from each run into a file, which I then import into Excel and generate some further stats with.

When I run ChartScanner, it loops over my 24 selected markets, and that should produce a file with 24 lines in it, one for each market.

This works much of the time, for instance all morning and half the afternoon today, no problem.

But then it started going wrong. Sometimes I will get only 23 lines, sometimes 19 etc. TS4 randomly fails to write a line to the file. It's as though FileAppend() doesn't manage to write out its buffer to the file before TS moves onto the next market.

My only solution so far is to delete the file and re-run the ChartScanner. If that doesn't work, I close TS4. If that doesn't work, I close the server too, and then perhaps reboot the whole PC.

Is anyone else familiar with this bug?

Thanks
Adam