Re: Limit on how much GlobalServer can process ?

Henri,

Absolutely.  The GS will get behind.  There is no rule as to what will
do it.  There is a combination that the data comes in to the GS but it
also goes to the Quotemonitor then is saved in the GS and then read in
charts or some such nonsense.  So your computer is slowed by the size
of data coming in and further slowed by the charting especially if you
have lots of workspaces, indicators and charts open.  Some bright
fellows have use a program to put the server on a different computer
and feed the second computer with data for the charts.  I haven't
tried it.  I just keep the volume down or build a bigger computer.
Actually the bottom line is the GS can handle a ton of data it is the
sharing that gets the whole thing in trouble.  I used DTN satellite
and collected something like 30,000 symbols accidentally once by
activating too many collection templates.  The GS kept up.  Took many
hours to get all those symbols off the GS.  The same thing happens if
you use the GS and another charting program with it.  You just can't
get around it unless you go to Tradestations current system where they
feed you data or you pay for a third partys data to feed their new
charting package.

Jimmy

Hello,

does anyone know if there is a limit to how much data
GlobalServer can handle in real time ?

We have a client that says that GlobalServer is sometimes
choking on the amount of data that is comming in. I have
never heard of this so am curious if anyone here has ever
come across this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Greetings,

Henri Amand

Tremendous Group BV - The Netherlands
Licenced Bloomberg and Reuters 3rd party software developer
www.bbadapter.com