eSignal language

I recently offered to produce a package of eSignal charts in TradeStation in exchange for some information. When they delivered the eSignal program to me it turned out it was over 15k lines of code. I knew the charts wouldn't require that many lines in EL, and they didn't. In fact, it took less than 2,000 lines of EL code to produce TradeStation charts with the same information. To give eSignal credit, the eSignal charts allow much more flexibility (you can change background color from within a script, can alter parameters on the fly, can control the position of information on the chart much more precisely, etc.). I would never attempt to develop anything in eSignal.