Re: TS 8.x on vmware?

Hi,

yes, I used TS8 with VMware Workstation 6 and Sun Virtualbox with WinXP Pro as guest OS and Ubuntu 7.10 as Host - works without any Problem. Yesterday I switched to Ubuntu 8.04 host without problem.

But yet I would prefer Suns VirtualBox over VMware Workstation - cause I feel it works much faster with WinXP

Two Things are importend:

1. Memory 1GB or greater, so the host and guest has enough memory for work
2. If you create a virtual Harddisk remember that it's not easy to expand the virtual size later ( I work with 50GB virtual Harddisks - so I have enough space for later installations - don't worry about the size - virtualdisks only takes the place it really needs - at the moment my biggest
     VM takes about 15 GB fom the Harddisk )

Abhijit Dey schrieb:
Anyone using it successfully? VMWare Fusion on mac or VMWare Workstation on linux; and running TS 8.x on that VM? Any limitations? The guest os would be WinXP Pro.

Thanks,
Abhijit