Re: signal stability - n00b question

> Gary, thanks for the helpful explaination and suggestion.
> when you say "turn off the tick by tick evaluation" - I'm not sure precisely
> what you are suggesting..

I actually haven't used TS in a while.  But there's a setting somewhere that
specifies whether it evaluates the system after each tick is received in
realtime, or only when the bar closes.

> would coding the signal to 'Buy at market this bar at close' be what you
> mean?
> or, 'Buy next bar at open' ..

I don't think "Buy at close" would help, since I think each tick as it arrives is
considered a "closing tick" for that purpose -- but I'm not sure.  "Buy next bar
at open" would probably be safe, since it can't execute until the current bar
closes and the next bar opens.

Gary