eSignal datafeed for 2000i

Thanks to Jimmy for his advice on solving the ODBC error issue. a reinstallation seems to have done the trick, sure enough.

but then i went and shot myself in the other foot: i reinstalled the eSignal plugin as well as TradeStation SP5 and now i cant get my eSig to download historical ticks into my newly reinstalled Global server when i click on File/ "Download from eSignal". On the GS Performance tab, datafeed performance is set to eSignal Plugin, and during the GS setup DBS online was specified.

i use XP, FutureSource Workstation which works with eSignal Data Manager v. 8.1.

I have a very vague recollection the problem might be that the plug in doesnt work with DM 8.1, but i have tried it with 8.0 as well and no luck. anybody know if the DM version is the problem and, if so, what version i should be using and where i can get it?

finally, would i be correct the that the place to put the appropriate DM ("winros.exe") is in c:/ program files/DBC/eSignal ?

any guidance would be appreciated, and thanks again Jimmy!