Re: Automation Order Placement Tradestation

Hi Mark...

I'm keen to hear others respond to your inquiry as I'd love to employ
Excel in conjunction with TradeStation.

As an alternative, please check out Interactive Brokers:

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/

They have an API that allows Excel, among other methods, to control
and manipulate orders. I've setup very basic communications to
create, send, and monitor orders between Excel and IB with good
success. Frankly, I'm not actively doing it right now.

There is a group that is quite involved in the process:

Good  luck!

Bill

-----Inline Message Follows-----

I am trying to enter multiple orders from excel 2007 to
Tradestation(Version 8.3 build 1419) or other order entry program.  I
also have an exit strategy that I want to control the trade after the
order is placed.

My excel sheet would have entry price, stop, % trailing stop, %
profit stop, breakeven stop, and other exit strategies.  If my entry
price is triggered, excel would place a buy order and then the exit
strategies would take over the trade.

1.  Can this be done efficiently in tradestation?

2.  Does excel have to place the orders into radarscreen and then
radarscreen uses the exit strategies to control the trade?

3.  I want to stay with tradestation because I use radarscreen
extensively, but what other order entry platforms could do this with
excel? I could still use Tradestation but enter orders via another
order entry program.

4.  Who would be a good source of programming this for me?  I know
there is a list of 3rd party programmers for Tradestation, but I
would like to find someone who has done this before.

Any  suggestions  would  be  appreciated.

Thanks

Mark  S.  Baum
210-279-1461