Re: Timely price feeds

Thanks to all who gave me their take on price feeds. I'm convinced that my old T-1 connection to GS is the best way to go, but Signal seems to be the best internet feed, and that's the only practical alternative available to me at the present time.

As to the Quote.com problem, they seem to be having difficulties in getting all their incoming data streams coordinated with their display formats but that may change with time. The situation has caused me to realize just how valuable that old connection was.

Again, thanks to all.

Richard Funkhouser

Since losing my direct line and terminal on January 1 to one of our major brokerages I have tried to find an adequate substitute.

In retrospect I foolishly chose Quote.com to bind me over until I could take the time to really survey what was available.

This morning demonstrated how dumb that was. It's now past 10:15 am and I haven't yet to receive any updates on the Dow, and it looks like Tick and Trin are updated only infrequently, and then only with data that seems to be stale. Who knows how accurate the other index and stats are.

I trade only highly liquid stocks, and now and then EFTs which are liquid with a pretty short holding period, so I'm effectively out of the game until I can get timely data. And in a market which that is just what I like.

Thanks for your help

Am I alone in this problem?  And what feed would recommend?

Richard Funkhouser