Von: unicorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:unicorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Alex Matulich
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 15. November 2007 21:21
An: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: Other Platforms

Chris Evans wrote:
>OK .. so - TS is a retail pig without proper foreign data etc so you can go
>with
>1)TT - but the platform costs a fortune

I'm not familiar with that one.

>2) Wealthlab - which seems to suffer the same data shortcomings and requires
>you to execute everything through Fidelity(?!)  (Maybe it's just for stocks)

Last I checked it out, you can develop and test strategies online,
but if you have something proprietary, that isn't a viable option.

AmiBroker is another one that I believe is just for stocks, but you can
program it.

>3) Open Quant - do I really have to learn C (gag)?

Not a problem; the syntax is efficient.  The problem is, do you
need to write all your overhead handling functionality (like with
WealthLab) or is it done for you (like in TradeStation).

>4) IB - does it even have a language to code signals or is it just an
>execution platform?

Execution platform with an open interface so you can develop
customized software for it.  I've done some interesting Excel
experiments with IB.

Someone else in this thread also mentioned MultiCharts "feeling" like an
upgrade to TS2000i. Lifetime license costs $900 from
http://www.tssupport.com/products/multicharts/

-Alex