Re: Other Platforms

And thus the question:
What can I do on an say "IB" (??), that TS
can't do?

I looked at the Tradestation Securities website to find
out whether they allow customers to trade overseas futures
contracts.  Not surprisingly, the answer is "some but
not all."  Here is a partial list of the futures contracts
missing from Tradestation's commission schedules on their
website and presumably, not tradeable through their
platform.  I suspect, but don't know for certain, that
these ARE tradeable through Interactive Brokers.

1. All currency cross-rates @ FINEX (EJ, RZ, GB, SS, etc)
2. Brent Crude Oil @ ICE
3. Dow Jones EuroSTOXX @ Eurex
4. Dow Jones STOXX-50 @ Eurex
5. Australian Share Price Index 200 @ SFE
6. New Zealand 90 day Bank Bills @ SFE
7. Canadian Bankers Acceptances @ Montreal
8. All industrial metals @ LME (Aluminum, Lead, Zinc, Tin, etc)
9. All futures contracts @ SAFEX/JSE (FTSE-Top40, White Maize, etc)
10. EOE Index @ Euronext Amsterdam

I suppose they can be forgiven for not having the cross-rates
since the only decent way to trade these is via EFP.  But all
the others are standard, no-weirdness products that trade
with good volume, every day.

Mark Johnson