Re: data corruption downloading problem?

My experience may be different than your problem but I found if you do
a lot of downloading the GS gets tired or confused.  First check the
actual data to see if it has loaded some data that is wrong.  If not
then Close TS2ki then try deleting the .idx files (like 00000001.idx)
in the PDS folder.  Then crank up the GS and wait for it to index.  It
can take a long time.  If it doesn't work then try exporting the data
from the offending symbol, if there is only one or all of them if
needed, then copy the PDS folder to some other area of your computer
then crank up GS again and delete the symbol data and maybe even the
symbol if it doesn't work then reboot the GS and add symbol and import
the data you exported then download more data.

Good luck,

Jimmy

I've beendownloading historical intraday data into TS2000i using the history downloader section of Hyperserver 3.0.
When I dusted off TS2000i a few months ago I started with no data, having deleted the large .pds files to make room on
the hard drive.  I did keep symbol portfolio I already had in the Global Server.

The history downloader seems to successfully download the data (from DTN IQFeed), but during the process of transfering
it into the Global Server, quite often lately (100 times or so for 350 symbols) an error window will pop up in the GS
with this message:

GlobalServer

<D:\ordev\server\pds\PriceDataStorage.cpp:1116>PDS Error - Data out of order for
write transaction.
<D:\ordev\server\server\hist_buf.cpp:410>

                                      OK

Today I deleted all the data from the GS, deleted about 30 invalid symbols, and am now re-downloading the intraday
historical data...but the same problem is occuring.   I'm downloading 1 min data, no problems with the daily bar
downloads.  Is it possible that deleting all the data from inside the Global Server isn't enough to clear this kind of
problem...are there other files I should wipe off the hard drive?  Can someone point me in the right direction...?

jc