Re: TS8 CLONING

At 01:13 PM 10/9/2007, Carlyhampson@xxxxxxx wrote:
>I have a box running ts8 3264 with xp pro. I want to install TS8 on another
>box.
>How do I effectively and completely transfer all my studies and  workspaces
>etc onto the new box, i.e. I want to duplicate the old box on the new  box?
>What directories from c:\program files\Tradestation  do i move  over?

Install TS8 on the new machine and log onto TradeStation to make sure it runs OK.

Then do a backup of TS8 on the old machine using the TS8 Backup operation. Transfer the resulting file to the new machine.

Then do a Restore on the new machine using the file you moved.

TS8 on the new machine will be exactly like that on the old one - indicators, strategies, and worspaces.

You have a choice about backing up the data cache using check boxes. The default is not to, which I usually use.

If you do not backup the data then TradeStation automatically reloads all the data required on each workspace when you open that workspace. Better to do that outside of market hours.

Bob Fulks