Re: TS 8.x

Bob,

Do you have to have an account with the TradeStation brokerage in order to buy and use TS 8.x?

Thanks,
Chris

Bob Fulks wrote:
At 11:46 AM 9/8/2007, RL Scott wrote:

I have not spent much time on this forum in a number of years but I would like to get the answers to a couple of questions.

Does TS 8.x keep any stock data on the PC or is it all online?

You type in any symbol you want and it loads the requested data to a cache on your PC, and your chart in a few seconds where it remains until you delete it.

The cache on my machine is now 6497 files (26 folders) totalling about 479 MB,

If it is all online, how is back testing performed?

It is on your PC.

If data is kept on the PC, is it user choice what is kept - days, hours, minutes, ticks?

Whatever you ask for. There are minute, tick, and end-of-day files plus those containing "symbol universe" data. My files for @ES are shown in the attached picture.

It also tells you with a flag on the chart if a data correction is available and gives you the option of downloading it.

There is a back-up facility that allows you to back-up everything in about a minute. You can then restore that back-up file to a different machine to get the two machines to be identical.

Very handy.

Bob Fulks