Re: TS 8.x

At 11:46 AM 9/8/2007, RL Scott wrote:

>I have not spent much time on this forum in a number of years but I would like to get the answers to a couple of questions.
>
>Does TS 8.x keep any stock data on the PC or is it all online?

You type in any symbol you want and it loads the requested data to a cache on your PC, and your chart in a few seconds where it remains until you delete it.

The cache on my machine is now 6497 files (26 folders) totalling about 479 MB,

>If it is all online, how is back testing performed?

It is on your PC.

>If data is kept on the PC, is it user choice what is kept - days, hours, minutes, ticks?

Whatever you ask for. There are minute, tick, and end-of-day files plus those containing "symbol universe" data. My files for @ES are shown in the attached picture.

It also tells you with a flag on the chart if a data correction is available and gives you the option of downloading it.

There is a back-up facility that allows you to back-up everything in about a minute. You can then restore that back-up file to a different machine to get the two machines to be identical.

Very handy.

Bob Fulks