Adjusting the bollinger band while exporting them.

Hi,

I am investigating switching from Qcharts to TradeStation for my day trading. I am also investigating MultiCharts or any other program that can produce what I need. The Primary reason is to get an export of Bollinger band data out to a csv (comma Separated Value) or tab separated value file so I can pick the data up in MS-Access where I will organize it for my trading. Here is the problem. I always have the bollinger bands up for all chart sizes (1, 5, 10, 15, 30, 60, daily and even weekly). I adjust the (1,5,10, 15, 30 and even the 60 minute bands) often in both number of bars and deviation and I get critical visual information from the adjusted plots. I need to export the current band values out after these adjustments on either (an on demand basis using a custom button I click on a toolbar or a regular basis such as every 5 seconds). I don't need to append to this file, just recreate it every 5 seconds. I gather that to get this data out I need to have a multi-data chart set up with all these bands in it as well as the ones I am using visually. Here is the concern. If I adjust the bands on lets say the 10 minute chart, do I have to also adjust the band on the multi-data chart or is there a way to make this a one time adjustment not requiring double work on my part. I can't see there being much value if I have to do the adjustments twice every time. I was originally hoping I could write the TradeStation code such that it could export this data by selecting the chart within the append command and also the data on that chart that I want. Having to set up a special chart seems cumbersome but if I can do the adjustment only one time, see it visually and get the export too (whatever the method) the mission is accomplished I guess.

Can TradeStation easy language change the band values (bars and deviation) as well so I will see the revised plots. I have a use for this as well if it can do it.

I had TS4.0 a while back and it could ask for input. Has TradeStation progressed to provide popup input boxes now with buttons, drop down boxes, etc or is it just a type in the input simple popup still. I am thinking that if a more complex input box can be created and TradeStation can also adjust the bands I may be able to design a very fast method to make adjustments rather than rely on the more cumbersome methods that usually require my keying in an actual number. In other words if I could click a button to increment the bars by 1 rather than having to key in the number.

Thanks,
John.