ZG vs GC

CBOT gold margins were reduced to $2025 this week, from around $2300 before - while NYMEX/COMEX remains at $2700. Now GC's been running close to 80% of the e-gold mkt lately. Today, it was around 37% of the Aug contract, and 45% of Dec. Yes ALMOST EQUAL in a couple of days time. ZG open interest is still tiny compared with GC though.

One would think that NYMEX would have negotiated a non-compete provision as part of their globex deal - but given the CBOT margin move, I guess not.

Anyone have any insight on this? Personally, I would gladly trade the added margin $$ for less stop runs.

Chris