Re: Recognizing a series function based on how it's called. Possible?

  • To: Bob Fulks <bobfulks@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Recognizing a series function based on how it's called. Possible?
  • From: Joel Reymont <joelr1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 18:35:02 +0100

On May 29, 2007, at 6:17 PM, Bob Fulks wrote:

As I said, it is very complicated. I cannot imagine how you could translate this behavior.

I can translate this behavior if I have translated functions used by the strategy and thus know which ones are simple or series.

The key to TradeStation is all of the function library and pre- canned "Studies". They are copywrite-protected so I suspect that you could not simply translate them.

Would it change anything if I write them from scratch? I suspect the copyright protects the functions from being used "as is". Functions written in a completely different language that have the same purpose are probably completely new creations, not even derivative work.

Overall, I plan to duplicate the TS function library within the next couple of weeks.

	Thanks, Joel

--
http://topdog.cc      - EasyLanguage to C# translator
http://wagerlabs.com  - Blog