Re[2]: TS2000i disconnects

Since I wrote the below I see Indextrader posted more info.  Below is not the cure for your problem.  You have a connection problem that is most likely not TS2ki.  That is why I like Esignal.

An install of TS2ki only takes about 20 minutes for slow people.  A clean, or semi-clean install takes less than an hour for someone that has never done it before.  No reason to reinstall OS unless you have other problems.  Problems such as IP address renewal, wireless connection is poor (I always use a wired connection) are simple configuration problems.  Maybe the metaserver DDE needs to be reinstalled.  TS2ki basically loves to mess up it's registry information.  A semi clean install is not difficult and should not be much risk.  Simply use Start-run then type in Regedit.  First backup the registry by going to File then Export.  Now expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER then expand Software then delete Omega Research folder.  Now if you really want to clean things up go up to the top and click on My Computer (still in regedit).  Now click edit then find and search for Omega Research.  If in the left column it shows Omega Research then click on it and delete the whole folder.  If it comes up on the right click on the left window in a white area and see what folder it is in.  If it is a folder named {BE9A1390-..........} then delete the whole folder.  Keep hitting F3 to find more entries for Omega Research.  Now mind you this is more risk than just deleting one folder under HKEY_CURRENT_USER so be sure you have that exported copy of the registry so you can import it if you get carried away and delete your Excel or something.

Ok so say you decide to do one or the other install of TS2ki.  Just copy to some other folder or drive your SERVER folder and your MYWork folder.  This is for safety.  Don't remove these from your Omega Research folder.  Were talking regular folders not in the registry.  Now install on top of that old install.  Reboot and crank it up.  If you have problems with indicators etc. then use the Power Editor to verify all several times.  Or delete the offenders.  You will have some minor things to set again such as tool bars.  This is why it takes some time.  I can do a clean install in 15 minutes.  Easy after a few hundred of them.

Jimmy

Interesting that you guys are having this problem. My main trading computer
has been doing this for over a year. Sometimes 4-5 times a day! I believe I
reinstalled ts2k but problem continued. I just don't feel like reinstalling
everything (including OS) from scratch as this is a 12 monitor setup and
it's too much work to do so but at the same time *very* frustrating to put
up with these disconnects every day.

As for my data provider, I use metaserverDDE which feeds ts from an excel
workbook.

If anyone has a fix, I'm all ears.

> When you say disconnects, who is the data provider?  Did you reinstall
their software when you reinstalled TS2ki?  Are the symbols disconnecting or
the data feed?  Check symbols page to see if they are disconnected and the
performance page for data feed.  Any reason to think it is your ISP?