Re[2]: TradeStation 2000i and Windows Vista: Anyone tried it?

I'm with you 100% on that.  I can't afford a Cray to run Vista.

One thing that happens to our old computers (over 30 days old) is our drivers get old.  Or we buy a new piece of hardware and it needs new drivers right away.  I usually go find new ones but there are hundreds in your machine.  I bought Drivermagic for $25.50 at http://www.symplisit.com/en/drivermagic.html  Used it on two machines and it worked great.  On the second machine it downloaded some drivers that were not automatic so it saved them.  All I had to do was double click on them to install them.  New drivers will fix lots of little bugs that you normally just put up with rather than checking for new drivers.  Now both of these machines work better.  Laptop next.

Jimmy

>Is TS 2000i or ProSuite running well under Vista for anyone?

I haven't found a compelling reason to upgrade to Vista.  I can't
see anything new it does that I need or want.

Also, Vista is more of a resource hog due to digital rights
management crap built right into the OS kernel.  As I don't watch
DVDs or listen to CDs on my computer, this seems like unnecessary
overhead for no purpose.

-Alex