Re: hardware help

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/117373

INT 15h, AX=E820h - Query System Address Map

Real mode only.
This call returns a memory map of all the installed RAM, and of physical memory ranges reserved by the BIOS. The address map is returned by making successive calls to this API, each returning one "run" of physical address information. Each run has a type which dictates how this run of physical address range should be treated by the operating system.
If the information returned from INT 15h, AX=E820h in some way differs from INT 15h, AX=E801h or INT 15h AH=88h, then the information returned from E820h supersedes what is returned from these older interfaces. This allows the BIOS to return whatever information it wishes to for compatibility reasons.

Ugly answer I know.

I would think long and hard about upgrading to XP pro.  There is very little reason to do it to run TS2ki unless you really need the extra ram.  I run 2 GB and find the processor is my limit.  I only have a single processor on this unit running at 3.4 GHz.  A dual core or dual processor with 2 GB memory is a much better setup.  Over 2 GB memory is overkill for what I do, but dual or even four processor would be nice.  Maybe next time.

Jimmy

hi Jim, Bob, Mark, Dennis, Chris and all

been travelling a lot and been down for a good while but it
looks like i'm gonna be in texas for a long stay now and can do
some trading again. i'm setting up 2 new systems and can't seem
to get the ram to read all 4g. i got 2 biostar tforce4 sli mb
with AMDx2 4400 in them. i got 4g patriot cas2 in one, & 4g of
g.skill cas2.5 in the other. both sets are dual channel. both mb
startups read all 4g as ddr400 OK, but the OS -win2k pro sp4- is
only only showing 2g. i've moved the sticks all around but still
just get 2g. do i gotta go to XP to get to use 4g ?
ANY help or ideas are big time appreciated.

Shell

--

Search for products and services at:
http://search.mail.com