Re: Tradestation / eSignal / Zone Alarm firewall

  • To: Omega Listserver <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Tradestation / eSignal / Zone Alarm firewall
  • From: Code 2 <code2@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 13:23:10 -0700

I switched from Norton to Zone Alarm a couple years ago and haven't
had a problem with eSignal.

From: altroad1212 <altroad1212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 7:24:21 AM
Subject: Tradestation / eSignal / Zone Alarm firewall

Hey guys,

Last time I used Zone Alarm firewall, it would cause my eSignal
connection to die after a few hours.   Sometimes it wouldn't dies for
nearly a full day.   ZA even admitted it was an issue they were aware of
and did not have a fix.  Before I contact them,  I'm wondering if any of
you are able to run eSignal and ZA 24/7 without connection issues?
eSignal feeds my third party apps like TS2000.

Otherwise, I guess I will need to use the Norton Firewall unless you
have a better solution.  I've tried Tiny in the past but it created
different problems for me.

Thanks!
Kaj

--
On an electrician's truck: Let us remove your shorts.