Re: Dual Core CPUs and TS 2000i

Yes if you mean hyperthreading.  I have an Intel processor and it is
fast and powerful BUT my old DUAL processor (PIII) was better for TS.
Something about Two processors is far better than one that has
Hyperthreading.  My needs are not as great as they used to be so I
will not build a dual unit right now.  I will when this one gets old.

Jimmy

I was wondering if anyone is using the newer dual core CPUs from AMD
or Intel with TS 2000i, and if they might have any thoughts on their
efficacy.

I remember that 2000i was written to utilize multiple processors, and
it seems theoretically advantageous to have multiple cores when
running GlobalServer and TS charting with perhaps a broker screen or
two.  However,  this program was written in the days of 400 and 600
mhz processors. Would a dual core now offer any advantage over, say, a
3500 mhz single core processor?

Quad core CPUs are on the horizon, too, but I wonder, barring running
huge optimizations during trading hours, if this is all overkill given
the normal speed of processors now.

Thanks for any ideas.