RE: Dual Core CPUs and TS 2000i

I just got a new machine with the dual AMD 64 .. it's about 3 times faster
than my old dual Xeon 2.8

-----Original Message-----
From: Hinton Clabaugh [mailto:hgciii@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 12:25 PM
To: omega list
Subject: Dual Core CPUs and TS 2000i

I was wondering if anyone is using the newer dual core CPUs from AMD
or Intel with TS 2000i, and if they might have any thoughts on their
efficacy.

I remember that 2000i was written to utilize multiple processors, and
it seems theoretically advantageous to have multiple cores when
running GlobalServer and TS charting with perhaps a broker screen or
two.  However,  this program was written in the days of 400 and 600
mhz processors. Would a dual core now offer any advantage over, say, a
3500 mhz single core processor?

Quad core CPUs are on the horizon, too, but I wonder, barring running
huge optimizations during trading hours, if this is all overkill given
the normal speed of processors now.

Thanks for any ideas.