Re: Files to save prior to erasing hard drive

At 12:04 AM 7/19/2006, Lance Heath wrote:

>Good day gents,
>I'm a somewhat computer-illiterate TS8 user. My question - what steps do I need to take prior to erasing and reformatting my hard drive, to avoid losing any of my work? ( I need to reformat my HD and reinstall my OS as it has corrupted)

I recently had to do the same thing. I did all the usual things you mentioned and also decided to buy a standalone Western Digital USB hard drive of about 300 GB and copy the complete C drive to that disk before I replaced the C drive. They are pretty cheap now.

I am amazed at the number of time have had to get something off of that drive so it was a good investment.

Bob Fulks