RE: Implied Volatility for Futures Contracts

Right, I'm still short the option, so the future is there to deliver
when the option is exercised. If it heads back down (we are talking
calls), that's fine provided it doesn't go back out of the money. If it
does then I'm sitting with a future that won't get exercised and my
strategy is to sell the future and buy back the option - hence the loss
of approx 60% - I didn't really want to bore everyone with the details.

Being delta neutral isn't something I strive for. I'm not saying that
it's wrong, but it's just different to what I do.

I think that we are getting way off thread here, and probably abusing
the hospitality of the good folks at OmegaList. My original intention
was to defend the bum rap given to the noble art of selling options:)

John R Pretorius

In a message dated 7/6/2006 4:41:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,