Re: Implied Volatility for Futures Contracts

Simple test, would your hedging strategy have protected you from being
short puts on 9/11 when the market was closed for a couple of weeks?
Would you already have had your protection in place if you'd shorted
puts the day before the crash/market-closure, considering that Sept
hedges would have expired worthless after the closure? If so, I'd say
you've covered your risk pretty well.

--
  Dennis