private data drama

Hi all

Seemingly easy question , how does one organise their persoanl data [ie
downloaded data]. Originally i was only interested in one or two markets,
then as time progressed, i now have several data sources and two analysis
programs.

I have decided to amalgamate all of my data into one directory. Then map
this directory as "o"drive. Then all my metastocks formats will be
automatically exported to ascii into specific types ie forex,shares,indices
futures,fundamantals inside "o" drive.  Then for example my analysis
programs will only access the "o:\data\forex\chfusd.csv" [which in therory i
could even move my data to another machine just by remmapping]

Why ...because sometimes i need a new data provider and they download into
differnet directories and different security names making my workspaces
pointing to old non updating markets.

But ..i was wondering is there a better way?
Should i export shares into say shares\country\exchange ?
or map o as forex,p as shares q as indices s as fundamental etc

or is there another way using some sort of 'pesudo market server' that
ts2000i and wealthlab can access?

Considering i need almost every market available , is there a better way?

TIA

Cheers