GlobalServer data holes

Now that MetaServerRT has a built-in IBDownloader for filling data holes using IB's history data server, keeping continuous contracts continuous without begging for .XPO files is easy.

However, my GS database has:

1. a tick hole from 16:08:42 on 6/7/2006 to 16:17:50 when the price jumps from 704.08 to 711.3 That's a big jump between the M6 and U6 contract, if that's in fact what it is, related to the expiration.

2. a tick hole from 06:18:25 on 6/8/2006 to 07:29:01

I can't pin down the exact culprit, but it appears related to a history download intended to fill a different data hole. However, I had also just changed ER2M6's file to ER2U6 in GS to maintain a continuous contract.

There's a MetaServer behavior needing some fixing that complicates the case. It is related to a nice addition to IBDownloader allowing 1 second tick history downloads of less than a trading day. The developer has a fix on the to-do list. But, I've not figured out exactly what the bug leaves behind in the GS database.

I'd like to fill the two data holes above.

Question: Would an ASCII import into GS work for tick data? In the couple of years using TS2ki I've not done an ASCII import, only XPO

Liam