OT: web designware

Sorry for off topic post...I wonder if anyone has any recommendations for
basic web design programs. I have been using my old Word 2000, but am
finding it to make errors that I don't know how to fix (formatting causes
blurred images in IE, etc.). I tried some of the new stuff -- CoffeeCup,
etc., but seems difficult if not impossible to do  basic "text wrapping
around images" stuff that takes 2 seconds in Word. Any ideas, suggestions? I
should add that my html/javascript knowledge is "just enough to get by."
Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris