Re: Best site for'tweaking' PC to remove unecessary progs

I find the best way is to google each process shown to be running in
your Processes tab of the task manager.  If you are not running XP or
2000 and don't have the task manager then you can google tweak XP Pro.
You will have to make decisions based on how you use your computer
before turning off tasks.  By googling the individual process that are
actually running on your machine you can just tweak what you have.
Problem you will run into is how to actually turn the process off once
you decide it isn't needed.  Killing it in the Task Manager will not
actually disable it.  A little google work and you will be able to
deal with most of it.  I wish I could be more specific but every
machine seems to have different junk running on them.  Even my three
machines are different.

Jimmy

Could anyone advise the best site for guidance on how to remove unecessary
progs & functions from Windows to make one PC go faster ?

Many Thanks