Re[2]: OT: Chair

Hi Marc-all

In times past when this subject came up here there were high end
office chairs like H. Millers  "Aeron",etc suggested,now we have
the exercise ball,and finally are learning how to squat when
dumping. (BM)

Regarding the last-a Lot easier and simple method is while on the
'throne,simply lean forward trying to get the shoulders touching the
knees,and if desired,grab your ankles with the hands.

This method and the associated health benefits were widely publicized
by a southern minister..

mm> I GUESS this fits in with traders talk on the Omegalist....(?)
mm> Speaking of chairs, we might as well talk a little about "thrones".
mm> and the "taboo" subject regarding the fact that
mm> 50% of the US population over 40 have "hemis"- (and I don't mean engines in
mm> Dodge cars & trucks..)
mm> A contributing cause is sitting on your rear all day.
mm> The exercise ball is a good way to go, anything other than a normal chair.
mm> That, and get up and move around as much as you can.
mm> Others I know sit cross-legged, Yoga style on a platform- large topped stool
mm> or small table.
mm> I learned this from a very good looking woman that sat cross-legged on a
mm> stool next to me.
mm> I won't elaborate on that subject... back to bizness:
mm> - sturdy, with a foam pad. No back.
mm> (like the ball)
mm> Bringing me to this, squatting, (like when you're camping out in the woods)
mm> (No, not in your RV),
mm> actually prevents and can cure this ailment.
mm> Anyone that has traveled to Japan or eastern cultures knows what I'm talking
mm> about.
mm> Hence, I have copied in part the below from this link: (where there are some
mm> pics as well.)
mm> http://www.relfe.com/toilet_seat_constipation.html
mm> "Oncologists have observed that 80% of colon cancers occur in the caecum and
mm> the sigmoid colon, the two areas that are not fully evacuated in the sitting
mm> posture. This causes fecal stagnation and probably explains why colon cancer
mm> is the second leading cause of cancer deaths in the United States. In
mm> traditional Asian and African cultures where squatting is the norm, colon
mm> cancer is virtually unknown!

mm> Most hemorrhoids will heal without relapse when, upon urge, the squat
mm> posture is adopted for bowel movements.2

mm> Another serious condition caused by sitting to evacuate instead of squatting
mm> is the leakage of wastes into the small intestine. This affects the
mm> ileo-caecal valve, which is considered by modern medicine to be inherently
mm> flawed because it is so often leaking. Ask a kinesiologist and they will
mm> most likely tell you that the ileo-caecal correction is one of the most
mm> common corrections that needs to be done. Also, the toxins get into the
mm> bloodstream and hence put more pressure on the liver which has to detox
mm> them.

mm> Most sufferers usually notice significant comfort improvement within seven
mm> days of making this simple change of habit to the squat posture because body
mm> wastes pass through the straightened anal canal."

mm> Regards,

mm> Marc Miller

mm> PS. that girl was in fantastic shape...

mm> ----- Original Message -----
mm> From: "Roscoe" <Roscoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
mm> To: "PM" <pablomejia@xxxxxxxxx>
mm> Cc: "Omega Chat" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
mm> Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 4:35 PM
mm> Subject: Re: OT: Chair