RE: Global Server: Updating 3rd Party Data

Hi, thanks to all those that responded, especially Nick ;-)

I just thought I’d let you know what the resolution was.

Basically, I’ve abandoned the Radar Screen/Global Server solution altogether
and discovered the Workspace Assistant.

The Workspace Assistant does what Radar Screen would have done, but with EOD
3rd party data. To get it to work though, I have to use MetaStock Data –
using ASCII data requires constant prompting when new symbol is loaded.

First, I create a workspace that contains one symbol from my MetaStock Dow
Jones directory.

Then, I create a strategy that contains no signals, just variables that
calculate the values that I want to scan for and apply it to the chart.

Inside the signal though I use the FileAppend function to write these values
to a text file… like this:

If lastbaronchart then begin
          Fileappend("C:/test.txt",GETSYMBOLNAME + "," + NUMTOSTR(Value1,2)
+ "," + NUMTOSTR(Value2,2) + newline);
End;

Next I run the Workspace Assistant from File menu.

TradeStation then cycles through each symbol in the Dow Jones directory and
applies the signal, which is writing these values to a text file.

So, I just have this text file loaded in Excel and sort it how I like. It’s
pretty nice.

Also, if you have a second data stream to compare, this remains fixed for
the entire scan. So, if you wanted to compare each stock against the index,
you would then create one chart with a stock as Data1 and the index as
Data2. When you run the Workspace Assistant, TradeStation only cycles
through Data1, which compares every stock against the same index.

I think it’s a really cool solution.

Thanks again.

Peter.