Re: CME Tick Aggregation

How about this? Volume based charts & Tick based charts look very similar to each other, as compared to time based charts. CME's change, as I understand, changes the number of ticks being reported. But it should not change the number of contracts being traded reported.

So, maybe if you can come up with a volume based chart interval that closely matched your 600t & 1200t chart "before the changeover".. maybe the charts would keep looking more or less the same "after the changeover"?

Let us know if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

Abhijit

marc miller wrote:

RE: My 'tick charts'-- 600 & 1200, on both the ES #F, and NQ #F (DBC Esignal
feeds)
My 1200 tick, usually about 40- ish bars in a day now has about 15 bars
My 600 tick, usually around 100- ish bars in a day, now showing about 20
bars (just approximate- eyeballing with this old dog's +200 readers..)
Needless to say, indicators/systems on my "tick" charts aren't LOOKING like
they used to.
lack of bars + lack of signals = lack of detection???
I cannot tell if it is because of "low volume" of the Holidays,
or the CME Tick Aggregation.
But I'll wager the latter.
Anybody else with some feedback?

Wishes to all for a good year-