RE: CME Tick Aggregation

Abhijit,

Nice snap shot analysis. For ES, its about cut in half, easy.
But it is a variable determined by market makers who control the efficiency
by basket size.

Its kind of like a stealth. You don't hear or get any feedback from market
and then its gone.
If I didn't have 4 index quotes flashing, I couldn't tell if the market was
going even with 4 screens of charts.
Feedback is a distraction though. It is real efficent now anyway, but it's
the holidays too.

Its a good opportunity to clean charts up. But it will take some history to
mesh these
Charts with the old for a confident indicator comparison, but it looks good
so far.
I guess ES was getting way beyond most of the Financial communities hardware
capabilities, cheap #$%&*'s.

And IB has less tick quantity 'variance' but they are getting data from CME
as well.
So in effect they will still be average (~).125 seconds delayed after the
large packets hit from CME.
Instead of the average 'contract tics' delayed, it will now be the average
'largest size contract packets' delayed.
So as far as 'error' of efficiency (timeliness and not tick counts), they
should theoretically be less efficient
with the sum of variances (CME delay + IB delay) indicating greater delay
{error}.
They should have lost most all of the initial IB quote system advantage for
the customer (supposed hardware efficiency),
but IB company scalpers may take home bigger paychecks now.

Thanks,
Phil