Re: TS8 ascii data, spread commish (was Re: Data management)

At 11:15 AM 12/23/2005, you wrote:

>Can you please tell us a bit more about this ascii data capability of TS8? I couldn't find much details on it.
>1) Can it handle daily, minute, as well as tick data?
>2) Can it keep updating the chart in realtime if data points are added to the ascii files?
>3) Can I test/execute strategies on ascii charts? How can I specify all those bigpointvalue, minmove etc? It's okay if TS8 doesn't support trading of those symbols; I can take care of that as long as trading signals are generated @ realtime.
>4) Any length limitation you know of? (how much tick ascii data it can load - beyond obvious RAM limitations). How large ascii files can be, barring OS limitations?

I am not yet using SP1 so cannot help on this. It might be on their web site.

(As a former software developer, I have learned that it is better to wait a couple of months before using a major new release unless you really need the new features. But I hear that SP1 is pretty stable so I will probably try it soon.)

Bob Fulks