Re[2]: Data management

Good point Jimmy.

TS8 is web software and TS2k is the highest power trading workstation ever.
But you need a strong workstation for TS2k.

Also, TS8 seems like it may go bankrupt or with different owners soon (?)
(bad management).
This is in addition to obsoleting their own software routinely and making
users change to upgrades
without a choice in the matter (and they have absolutely nothing if they
don't change - no history,
no software, no choices). TS8 you have all eggs in basket as well with
broker, charting, data
feed in one package versus the undisputed industry best in each category
which may change
( ie -  jack of all trades, master of... all part of bad management company
policy mandate).

I hope they always do well. I think everyone does. If you are just trying
out for size, TS8 would
be the easiest. But for the long haul either both or TS2k alone would be my
alternative subset.

But yes, Bob is right. Next to Esignal, TS8 did model their data directly
after Esignal and
you have greater history range of groomed tic/minute data without the hassle
at your finger tips. And you
don't have to leave workstation on all night ($20/month electric savings).
Esignal has 2/3 month window
for retrieval of tic/minute interday data.

So there's good and bad with both. Just depends on what you value most.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////
TS2ki with Esignal is exactly the setup that TS2ki was built for.  It
does store all data automatically on the hard drive.  TS6, TS7 and now
TS8 are all on Tradestations servers.  You get a little temp file for
data but when you disconnect it evaporates.  So it is like having the
Global Server in Florida rather than on your hard drive.  Works good
if your way of doing business accepts that.

Jimmy

Maybe I am mistaken but it seems that those using ts2ki w/esignal
datafeed and those using ts8 don't actually store the data on their
computer like one does using ts2ki w/globalserver, is this correct?

PM