TS 2000i Symbols Expire Early

Whenever I add new futures symbols to the GlobalServer that expire in
2006, they expire straight away after I run nightly maintainance for
the first time.  When I go to edit the symbol I see that the year of
expiration has magically changed to 1996.

It's not a big problem to edit the expiration year back to 2006, and
the problem doesn't recur once I've done this. However, it's getting
tedious doing this with every contract. Has anyone else encountered
this lovely feature, and is there perhaps a workaround for it?

Thanks very much.