OT: ATI 7000 graphic accelerator card

I have a Dell Desktop 900mhz(upgraded to winxppro) with embedded video card
which feeds its own 15" primary monitor.

A couple of years ago, when I wanted to install a second 15" lcd monitor, I bought the ATI 7000
graphic accelerator card by mistake, instead of a proper MULTIMONITOR video card.
Anyway, this card seems to allow me to run both the 15" crt monitor and 15" lcd screen
pretty well.
I am presuming the system started automatically bypassing the embedded video card;
or is it using BOTH the embedded and the accelerator?
and working on both monitors pretty, except the lcd is always being treated as
the extension of primiary crt monitor, rather than its own independant screen space.

My primary crt monitor just busted.
I am thinking of indulging in a 19" LCD monitor but I need to find out:

Question : What is the maximum number of monitors this graphic accelerator can support
without sacrificing on speed? as this desktop is strictly for data feed.

Thanks,

Riley