Re: Stop Losses

Timo,

Stop losses are a guaranteed loss.  They are never profit motivated.  Stupid
isn't it?  You always leave money on the table with them.  Too tight
and they beat you to death.  Too loose and they save you from a
disaster.  Build (Optimize) your exits then add your stop loss.  Be sure you
understand that really well.  You want to exit not get stopped.

Jimmy
Discretionary trader

Hi everyone!

I was just wondering what people's experience and views are on stop losses
and whether there is a good way to optimize them. I never seem to get the
balance right between being constantly stopped out and incurring big losses.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Timo