Keeping trading system code and parameters

In my current search for a workable trading system, I have written one trading system in TS4 that looks like it will work for me, albeit with some rather bleak periods of extended losses but generally OK across most of my chosen futures.

I'm experimenting and searching for more systems to run with it simultaneously to even out the poor periods and give me an overall smoother equity curve and greater diversification.

One of the practical problems that I have already is that I must have produced about a dozen different EL functions and systems in the making of just this first system, and it already looks a mess in that directory.

Does anybody have a method to catalog their EL code? I'm thinking along these lines:

- some sort of librarian system
- a naming convention for EL files
- a little cross-referencing index
- categorise each function or system with a few pertinent section names
- some notes about ideas I had when writing them

What does everybody use? A notebook, a little home-made MS Access app, something purchased or shareware? A wiki website?

Thanks for any hints,

Adam