Re: Help with coding an initial stop loss

At 05:54 PM 11/8/2005, DH wrote:

>A sign of good TS code is that the realtime trades exactly match the
>historical trades. You can restart your computer and all the buy/sell
>arrows are in the same places and the report of the old trades is
>identical to what it reported realtime. If your code can't do that, it
>still needs some work. Hey, nobody said this was easy..... :-)

I agree totally. But their concept of testing "within the bar" by
simulating what actually occurred within the bar using intraday data
does actually work if TS8.1. (I have heard that it didn't work well in
TS2000i.)

It is useful to test both with and without this feature on to see if
you get the same results.

Bob Fulks