Re: Help with coding an initial stop loss

Hi again Phil,

Phil Bailey wrote:

> Hope you can contribute some more on your methods. Let's give the 'newbies'
> credit for thinking and let them make their own mind up
> based on what they can 'see' or they are 'told': their choice as always and
> let the tangible systems speak for themselves.

If you've followed the sample code that I wrote to try and explain to
Bob what I'm talking about you should be able to see that you can run
your systems only at the times that you chose and on the data that you
chose.

I've found that some code works much better by not even allowing it to
look at the data before a certain amount of time has passed after the
open and closing out your trades before the session close can also
change things.  That and turning the code off and back on again at other
times can also change the results.

Some day traders don't start trading before 10:00 - close down during
lunch - and close out the day well before the session ends.  Ever wonder
why?  Maybe it'll work for you - maybe not - but have you ever tried it?

Larry