RE: Help with coding an initial stop loss

Larry,

I can understand some of your points: interbar data hides events by
defaulting to last bar tic parameters and
testing historic bar systems (or optimizing your data set) is overrated for
ES Emini or Forex due to event alternation,
variability, etc... The more tangible things like recognizing ever-changing
pattern combinations, correction formations, absolute applicable
highs/bottoms are virtually unobtainable through programming real time. If
someone has these programmed, spending 2 years in Army at Missouri, I can
officially say "Show Me". There is a multiple billion dollar industry that
extensively researches through multiple disciplines on how to
virtually eliminate the repetitive prediction of 'most' patterns through
intelligent information systems.

There are however 'aids' in indicators using Juriks on TS that are
incredible though. But if a system was used like it is supposed to,
then why would any one trade if all they have to do is turn the PC on and
collect the money, lol.

I am sorry for your disgruntled greeting and matching your ideas against
Bob's in an adversarial role though direct/indirect web peer pressure.
Transactional Analysis concerns the Child, Parent, and Adult ego states:
when someone approaches you in a child or parent 'state'
then you respond with the appropriate psychological 'game' -
scolding parent/resentful child, nagging parent/devious child, nurturing
parent/pitiful child, instructive parent/child genius ...
When you get out of the Adult state or (StarTrek) 'Spock-like', it always
gets out of hand sooner or later with 'psychological' games.

Bob is a very generous person with his time and knowledge. The same for
Jimmy, as most posters on this board. I wish we could start again
so we could discuss the difference of philosophies and strategies without
any unverified references.

Hope you can contribute some more on your methods. Let's give the 'newbies'
credit for thinking and let them make their own mind up
based on what they can 'see' or they are 'told': their choice as always and
let the tangible systems speak for themselves.

Phil

:-)