US T-Bond, 30 year.

In 2000 the US 30 year T-Bond future changed its spec and the data I have from CRB Trader was adjusted to compensate.

CRB Trader say basically the spec was changed from 8% to 6% for the notional underlying bond.

Unfortunately the pre-2000 data is not back-adjusted, it's all just nearby-futures with no adjustment at roll-over, all in one file.

What CRB Trader did with their historical data was to lump all the pre-2000 data into the one file and call it contract 1999Z. This data came direct from CBOT and CRB Trader didn't change it, apparently.

I have the old original pre-2000 contracts still, and am compiling a back-adjusted continuous contract.

However when comparing mine against the CBOT data, I immediately see price differences, sometimes between days, sometimes relatively between one day's OHLC points and I'm worried about back-testing against it.

My instinct is not to worry about it. Surely the back-adjustment should iron out price differences due to the spec change, even if in some of my tests, I have a trade appear which spans that 1999 / 2000 roll-over?

Does anyone disagree?

Adam