Re: Help with coding an initial stop loss

Hi Phil,

Phil Bailey wrote:

> Larry,
>
> I can understand some of your points: interbar data hides events by
> defaulting to last bar tic parameters and
> testing historic bar systems (or optimizing your data set) is overrated for
> ES Emini or Forex due to event alternation,
> variability, etc... The more tangible things like recognizing ever-changing
> pattern combinations, correction formations, absolute applicable
> highs/bottoms are virtually unobtainable through programming real time. If
> someone has these programmed, spending 2 years in Army at Missouri, I can
> officially say "Show Me". There is a multiple billion dollar industry that
> extensively researches through multiple disciplines on how to
> virtually eliminate the repetitive prediction of 'most' patterns through
> intelligent information systems.
>
> There are however 'aids' in indicators using Juriks on TS that are
> incredible though. But if a system was used like it is supposed to,
> then why would any one trade if all they have to do is turn the PC on and
> collect the money, lol.
>
> I am sorry for your disgruntled greeting and matching your ideas against
> Bob's in an adversarial role though direct/indirect web peer pressure.
> Transactional Analysis concerns the Child, Parent, and Adult ego states:
> when someone approaches you in a child or parent 'state'
> then you respond with the appropriate psychological 'game' -
> scolding parent/resentful child, nagging parent/devious child, nurturing
> parent/pitiful child, instructive parent/child genius ...
> When you get out of the Adult state or (StarTrek) 'Spock-like', it always
> gets out of hand sooner or later with 'psychological' games.
>
> Bob is a very generous person with his time and knowledge. The same for
> Jimmy, as most posters on this board. I wish we could start again
> so we could discuss the difference of philosophies and strategies without
> any unverified references.

The voice of reason - thanks Phil.

> Hope you can contribute some more on your methods. Let's give the 'newbies'
> credit for thinking and let them make their own mind up
> based on what they can 'see' or they are 'told': their choice as always and
> let the tangible systems speak for themselves.

Had to go out of town for a couple of days - just got back.  The mail is
stacked out to the ceiling but I should be up to speed by Monday or so.
I've read Bob's last reply - looking forward to explaining what I do to
get around the TS default way of doing things.
I think he and I will have a rather good discussion coming up.  I've
never realized that people really start their strategies with - if
barnumber - always though that that was just a convenient way of saying
'put your program start code here'.

Larry